Consolidating proof of concept in countries
Triple-S is leading a process of active innovation and experimentation in Ghana and Uganda (as well as in other countries such as Burkina Faso, Mozambique and India). This involves running a number of experiments (five in Ghana and seven in Uganda) that span the range of areas where innovative approaches to current challenges have been identified.
Taken together, these experiments will contribute to the sustainability and quality of rural water services. More importantly, by building sector capacity to take a rigorous and evidence-based approach to change, the experiments will pave the way for future innovation and informed policy making.
- Analysing performance of service delivery models
- Facilitating local monitoring of rural water service delivery
- Developing business model for hand pump mechanics associations
- Using mobile phones to improve functionality of rural water sources
- Adopting sub-county model to improve operations and maintenance
- Strengthening learning and adaptive capacity through learning alliances
- Updating district implementation manual to improve harmonisation and coordination